Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

[VTOP] House of Night - Marked

I've made a little form kind of thing so I can fill it out every time I finish a Vamp Book.

Day : 1
Title : Marked
Series : House of Night
Volume : 1
Author : P.C. and Kristin Cast
Hero/Heroine: Zoey Redbird
Werewolves : None, I was really getting sick of them. I started seeing them in every typical vampire book. But this one doesn't seem to have any. Not in the first volume anyways.
Vampire : Most of them are! But I love how humane they are. They're powerful, beautiful and very unique. This is the first time I've heard of pretty tattoos on vampyres!
Witches : Vampyres in this book don't need witches. They're super powerful themselves with the powers of Nyx and the 5 elements.
Gods/Goddesses : Yep, again I say, this is so different from other vamp books I've heard of! I might change my mind once I get deeper into this project.
Hotties : TONS and I'm not kidding. Erik, Loren, Heath, and the list goes on.
Sexual Tension : The best parts of every vamp book! Its like they're about to but they never do. Cliffhanger much?
Romance : In this book lots. Makes me swoon every time the "Protector" comes in and wipes our heroines tears off.
Fight Sequences : Not much of it in the first book.
Deaths : nooot tellling!
Teenage Angst : I'm so happy to say this ! There isn't much of teenage angst in this volume and I ❤ the authors for it.
Comments : This was a great book. I couldn't stop turning the pages. Every time I put the book down I had to fight the urge to pick it up again. Love how Zoeys life is played. Slightly reminds me of HP because of the how she gets marked and gets called to a boarding school (thats like a castle) for vampyres so they can learn about vampyres as they go through the change of turning into one. Not much of fangs involved, not yet anyways!
Stars : 7/10 stars!

No comments: