Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2008

sneak peek into my victorian fantasy

mood: well enough
listening to: 花 - alvino


Heres a little sneak preview of my little story. since I can't upload it anywhere else. I'll make a new Blog for just this story.

anyways...



this is scarlet telling her story. so first person.

Henri Dafoe is her love interest while Marianne her bestfriend is the one they think Henri is inlove with.

-----

At time, I would hate to admit that my eyes searched for one person. I walked room to room. Bowing at every greeting. When my search was unsucessful. I searched for another thing. I searched for a place to stand without a crowd. I went to the balcony. There atleast there won't be awkward conversations.

Upon entering the balcony, my heart stopped, my face grew pale. the object of my heart stood infront of me dressed in fine velvet leaning on the stone railing as if morose.

I turned about to walk away, when his deep voice was heard.
"Miss Scarlet, Why do you always turn your back on the very sight of me?" His back still turned from me. His head slightly turned to the side as he spoke those words.
I turned. My lips moved but no sound came from it. I tried again. Nothing.
I looked up at the dark sky.
"I thought you would like to be left alone" I finally gathered.
"I want to be left alone at times, but now is not one of them." He spoke as if hurt. His voice pricking my heart slightly.
"Stand by me."
Before I could protest my feet obeyed him
" I don't know how I will tell her."
'Tell who?' I thought to myself. 'Her' could mean only one person. Marianne. I hate her. No-- I hate him.
"Tell her what?" I only asked.
"I don't know how to tell her, that I love her." At that very second those last three words were uttered. I felt myself being stabbed right at the center of my heart. 'I knew, he wouldn't1--' I can't. I closed my eyes tears slowly forming within them. I leaned my head back wishing the tears would go back from once it came. Thankfully, it did. I took a deep breath. Fortunately, we both stared forward at the view so he did not notice my change of attitude.
I didn't answer at first.
I swallowed the gulp that gathered in my throat and spoke.
"I wouldn't know. I have never been in such a position before." I said in a slightly shaky tone.
"Yes, women are not the ones who confess. But, generally how would you want a man to confess his undying love for you." "Being a woman." he added. He turned to me. Waiting, for my reply.

--"There you two are. I've been searching for you both." Marianne spoke walking into the balcony. I looked at her, then at Mr. Dafoe I gave him a look of apology then I turned my attention back to Marianne.
"Marianne, I must speak with Henrietta, excuse me."
I left them alone. I didn't want to. I felt precarious. I felt my heart drain itself. Crumpled like paper as I left them alone. I don't know why. I should've stopped their affair with all enmity I felt. But my heart or what is left of it commands me to spare them, to let them love for it was undeserving. I searched around for out of here. I saw my sister mingling with friends and Oscar staring at her from across the room not paying attention to the gentlemen speaking to him.

Instead of an exit, I found another balcony in the other room. This one had chairs and a table. I sank in the chair my tears invading my cheeks making wet paths . I breathed hard. Sobbing. I tried to contain my emotions. My tears didn't stop its flow. The dam I built broke and refused to be rebuilt. I wished I never met him!.

1 - I knew, he wouldn't love me'
---

thats all for now.

hehehe....

SPPPPAAMMMM!!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.